This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure.
Do you like to walk your dog(s) at night? Well, you are not alone. Many people do the same, and one of the things you need is the best flashlight for the dog walking exercise to illuminate your way.
This article explores the best flashlights on the market you can buy if you are an evening or an early-night dog walker. Remember that flashlights are some of the best products to walk your dog at night.
Before we review the flashlights, it is prudent that we explore factors to consider when buying a flashlight, specifically for dog walking.
What to look for in Dog Walking Flashlights
The factors to consider before settling on a specific brand of flashlight include brightness, battery type, water resistance, duration of continuous lighting, price and warranty, size and grip allowance, and the type of flashlight (dog-worn or hand-held).
You will want to check the brightness and size of the shone area when shopping for a flashlight for dog walking.
You want a torch that shines brightly so that you or your dog do not end up knocking your legs on obstacles or rocks that may be on the way.
There are two types of batteries in most flashlights: rechargeable or replaceable.
Rechargeable batteries would mean that you would have to access power once in a while to charge the battery just before you go out for the dog walking exercise.
On the other hand, replaceable batteries mean you should always have replacements around you because the ones in use may get exhausted while you are far away from a retail store.
Duration of Continuous Light
Regardless of whether the torch uses replaceable or rechargeable batteries, the active-light duration is a factor you must consider.
You do not want to buy a rechargeable flashlight that does not hold power enough power for a 30 minute-to one-hour dog walking exercise.
Type of Flashlight
There are two types of dog walking flashlights, dog-worn or hand-held.
Dog-worn flashlights, as the name suggests, are worn by dogs and are usually attached to collars or harnesses. They are also called dog flashlight collars.
Hand-held flashlights are on the other hand are held or carried by the individual walking the dog.
therefore, depending on your preference.
The best torches for the outdoor environment should be water-resistant. In fact, they are attached to the dog collars or harnesses, water-resistance should be one of the main qualities you look out for.
Size and Grip Allowance
Hand-held flashlights should have enough allowance for a comfortable grip without slipping. However, they should not be too heavy to be carried in one hand as the other hand would be the one guiding the dog.
As for the collar flashlights, the size and weight should be within the range that does not make it difficult for the dog to enjoy its outdoor life.
Price & Warranty
Finally, you will want to go for a flashlight that fits in your budget, while guaranteeing that you will get value for money.
Therefore you should check and compare the prices and indicated warranty periods before you settle on any specific brand.
Best Dog Walking Flashlights to Buy
What is the best Flashlight for Dog Walking in [y]? Well, here below we review the top five flashlights for dogs worth every penny spent on them.
#1. BSEEN LED Dog Flashlight Collar
The BSEEN LED Dog Flashlight Collar is a great choice of safety at night because it is designed for small and large dog sizes. This flashlight is made with a USB rechargeable hence effective for your dog as it can last for longer hours.
The led light visibility of this brand is approximately 500m at night under enough charge status.
- The flashlight ensures the visibility of your dog in low light conditions and vehicles helping you to keep your dog safe.
- This brand is weatherproof and water-resistant as it is made of premium TPU material.
- It provides a quick and slow flash when you press the button.
- It consists of a lithium-ion battery that gives a good performance and it is environmentally friendly.
- The flashlight is suitable because it is provided cuttable and appropriate sizes that can fit all dogs.
- The flashlight comes with a guarantee that will help you solve its problem whenever you purchase it.
- You can leave the spotlight on your dog by just turning it off.
- It is only available for the limited color of light-bright pink that may not provide clear visibility.
“The Good: Durable material with easy activation and charging functions. The USB port is protected from water with a secure tab. The colors are bold and the luminosity is great.
The Bad: Instructions are a bit limited and there is a short learning curve.
Overall: Happy with purchase (ordered 1 red 1 green). 3 light settings; a quick flash, slow flash, and solid light. I don’t have a dog and purchased to reflect current stress levels while at work. I have a job where you get punished for caring about your job so when I don’t care the collar around my neck is green and life is good, but when I do care the light turns red and I have to stop caring before the collar explodes and my head pops off. I also use them when I go jogging at night. Why are you looking at me like that?”
#2. Illumiseen LED Dog Flashlight Collar
If you are looking for your dog spotlight that can provide a variety of colors making your dog visible, safe, and seen, Illumiseen LED Dog Collar is the best option.
This brand can be recharged after every five hours to ensure its longer use.
- This flashlight will ensure the safety of your dog since it can be noticed by a vehicle in advance of its bright color.
- The light of this brand can be altered between a steady mode, rapid flashing mode, and a slow flashing mode easily by a single click of a button.
- The flashlight battery can be recharged hence suitable for use on your dog for long hours.
- It contains matching led dog leashes to ensure your and your dog’s safety and visibility.
- The brand comes in all sizes namely extra small, small, medium, and large which is suitable for all dog sizes.
- The flashlight is waterproof hence suitable for rainy weather.
- It can become difficult to charge the battery of your flashlight when the charger gets lost.
“Why this brand is superior in design and quality:
The charging port is a better design than others out there as the rubber cover is easy to open and close. In the months and months of owning these, the charging port has not broken as some other brands tend to. The battery life seems to be better than others as well (of course you can help with that as well by not leaving plugged in all the time, but instead removing when fully charged).”
#3. Blazin’ Safety LED Dog Collar – Highly Water-Resistant
The Blazin’ Safety LED Dog Collar is the best option for your dog use during night hours because it provides competitive and crushing visibility of about 350 yards which makes your dog be noticed by traffic hence safety.
- The brand is designed in modern technology-contains the slimmest bulb strips and with an on and off button.
- It can be easily recharged using any device that enhances its use for up to over 8 hours.
- The Blazin’ Safety LED is designed in three modes namely on, strobe, and blink that can protect your dog from all the dangers in the world.
- The different modes of this brand can make your dog look great.
- This flashlight can be easily cleaned using soap and a small brush.
- This brand comes when it’s already charged and can function for about three hours.
- The brand is usually associated with size error-some are extra-large.
“Great for my dog when we go camping. Makes it so much easier to see him at night. Even with his very long hair, the lights shine right through.”
#4. Dog Light, Dog Collar Light, Bubba’s Leash Light 2 Per Pack
If you need the best flashlight for you01r dog walks and backyard monitoring, Dog Light, Dog Collar Light, Bubba’s Leash Light is a great choice for you.
- The brand contains great features that produce beautiful light such as shatterproof.
- It has a replaceable battery.
- They are made very lightweight that makes it easy for your dog to walk and run during the night.
- This flashlight provides a bright light for you and your dog’s visibility, especially in an immediate area.
- The brand is relatively cheap and affordable.
- This brand is available in a new version that contains an easier power on and off switch.
- It is not suitable for the lighting of a large area.
“I was so surprised by the light this small little light gave off. I attached one to my pup’s harness and one to the handle of the dog leash.. incredible quality for the price. We probably will order more… I might even order a few as key chains (purse, dark car).. anyway it was a simple 5 stars for me. I attached a video I took around 8 pm at the beach…”
#5. Noxgear LightHound – Revolutionary Illuminated
The Noxgear LightHound works best for your Dog’s visibility because it contains a multicolored fiber optic and is lightweight for your dog to carry.
- This brand contains different colors for illumination in a single vest that can range between 8 super bright solid colors including red, yellow, blue among others.
- It provides visibility of a wider area range that is suitable for you and your dog-360 angle visibility.
- It has a long-lasting battery that can last for up to 12 hours.
- This brand has different settings that are easy to use, require push-on-button knowledge.
- It is designed in different sizes that can fit the size of your dog.
- A customer complaint that this brand poses some difficulty in putting on the dog especially with the extra velcro straps.
“We purchased our first light hound four years ago after buying 3 other manufacturers’ collars which all failed within 1-3 months. Our Lighthound lasted 4 years before it finally stopped working. Buying another one was a no-brainer based on the quality of the product. Many times over the years when we cross paths with people during Boo’s nightly walks we have had people asking where we bought it.
Will absolutely buy it again.”
MORE REVIEWS: Best dog walking shoes