This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure.
While there are many different brushes for double-coated dogs to choose from, the best brush should be from this category. It is important to buy a brush that is specifically designed to work with dogs’ double-coated hair to avoid harming your dog.
In a nutshell, the 5 top-rated brushes for double-coated dogs are:
- Safari Pin and Bristle Brush
- LA Beauty Labs Boar Bristle Brush
- Conair Boar Bristle Brush
- FUBARBAR 2-in-1 Bristle and Pin Brush
- Safari by Coastal Self-cleaning Slickers Brush for Double-Coated Dogs
The Best Brushes for Double-coated Dogs
The best brushes for double-coated you can buy to keep your dog’s hair and skin healthy are:
#1. Safari Pin and Bristle Dual-Purpose Brush
The Safari Pin and Bristle Brush is a two-sided grooming tool that contains a bristle side on one side and a pin brush on the other.
If you are not interested to use the pin brush side with your double-coated hair dog, you can use the other side with a bristle brush.
This brand is made of an ergonomic plastic handle that enhances the comfort of your hands while brushing the dog.
- The brush lasts for years
- Both sides of the brush do work properly
- This product is valuable and suitable for owners with many dogs because of its two-sided features.
- It can work both for double-coated dogs with short and long hair.
- The metal bristle may fall out easily after a short period
- The plastic handle is subpar
#2. LA Beauty Labs Boar Bristle Brush
The LA Beauty Labs Boar Bristle Brush is a premium dog grooming tool that is meant to suit the comfort of your dog’s mind. This product is made up of an all-natural boar bristle that cannot harm the skin of your dog.
The product is 25-inch long and made with a wooden handle that enhances a secure and comfortable grip.
- It has boar bristles that are gentle on your dog.
- It does not scratch the skin of your dog
- It has a comfortable grip that makes it easier to handle while brushing your dog
- The bristle has a soft feel that makes the double-coated hair dog clean and shiny.
- The bristles are too soft and can break
- It is not suitable for dogs with rough hair.
#3. Conair Boar Bristle Brush – Best for Seniors
The Conair Boar Bristle Brush has a relatively small and light-white oval shape feature that is designed to fit in your palm comfortably.
This brand is suitable for you because it can minimize the fatigue of the user during the brushing process of your double-coated dog’s fur.
This product weighs about 1.4 ounces, and its bristles are made from a 50-50 blend of synthetic bristle and boar hair bristle.
- Its bristle is neither too stiff nor too soft.
- The palm-shaped grip of this product makes it easy to brush your dog.
- It is suitable for owners with arthritis or its related issues due to its easy grip.
- It is usually of low and affordable prices.
- The brush is too small and difficult to hold.
- It is not suitable for bigger dogs
#4. FUBARBAR 2-in-1 Bristle and Pin Brush
FUBARBAR 2 in-1 Bristle Pin Brush has bristle features on one side suitable for double-coated dogs with short hair breeds and a pin brush on the opposite side for grooming dogs with longer hair.
This product is most suitable than others of the same king because it comes equipped with several innovative design features including an anti-slip handle and a round-tipped bristle.
- It has an anti-slip handle that makes it comfortable while used.
- It does not crush your dog’s skin due to the presence of the round-tipped bristle.
- It is suitable for double-coated dogs with short hair due to its soft bristles
- It makes the dog feel comfortable while brushing due to its gentle nature.
- Its bristles are too soft to be effective
- The brush is too large
#5. Safari by Coastal Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush for Double-Coated Dogs
Safari by Coastal Self-cleaning Slicker brush is suitable for your dog due to its cheap and affordable price.
Apart from its value, this product has the best features such as a rounded base that matches the shape of your double-coated dog’s body.
The product is made up of ergonomic rubber grips that make the brushing process easy and comfortable in your hands.
- The Safari-self-cleaning slicker brush has a lightweight ergonomic design suitable for your dog.
- This brush is cheap and affordable.
- It is gentle on your dog’s skin
- It has a small button that can be pressed to push any hair that may have accumulated on the brush into the thrush.
- This product becomes redundant especially if you have a bristle brush and a pin brush for your dog.
- The tiny metal pins on this brush might be uncomfortable for double-coated dogs with short hair breeds.
MORE REVIEWS: Grooming brush for wirehaired dogs